NWG-Course: Analysis and Models in Neurophysiology
October 5-10, 2014 / Freiburg, Germany
Oct 05, 2014 08:00 AM
Oct 10, 2014 06:00 PM
|Where||Bernstein Center Freiburg|
|Contact Name||Birgit Ahrens|
|Contact Phone||+49 (0)761 203 9575|
|Add event to calendar||
BCF/NWG-Course: Analysis and Models in Neurophysiology
Application deadline: July 14, 2014
Aim of the course
The course is intended to provide advanced Diploma/Masters and PhD students, as well as young researchers from the neurosciences with approaches for the analysis of electrophysiological data and the theoretical concepts behind them.
The course includes various topics such as
- Neuron models and point processes
- Local field potentials
- Neural coding
- Neural decoding
The course will consist of lectures in the morning and and matching exercises using Matlab, Mathematica and Python in the afternoon.
Experience with these software packages will be helpful but is not required for registration. The participants should have a basic understanding of neural systems and scientific programming.
This course is designated especially for advanced diploma/master-students and PhD-students (preferentially in their first year).
Organisation and teaching
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Rotter, Bernstein Center Freiburg, University of Freiburg, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Egert, Bernstein Center Freiburg and Faculty of Engineering, University of Freiburg, email@example.com
- Dr. Robert Schmidt, BrainLinks-BrainTools, University of Freiburg, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Dr. Carsten Mehring, Bernstein Center Freiburg and Faculty of Biology, University of Freiburg, email@example.com
Dr. Birgit Ahrens, Bernstein Center Freiburg, Germany
Tel: +49 761 203 9575
Please apply by sending one pdf document containing your CV and a meaningful letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The letter of motivation should refer to the following points:
- Reasons for wanting to take this course
- Background in mathematics
- Experience using Matlab / Python / Mathematica
- Background in neuroscience
The course is limited to 20 participants.
- application deadline: July 14, 2014
Bernstein Center Freiburg, Lecture Hall and Computerlab (ground floor), Hansastr. 9a, 79104 Freiburg, Germany