NWG-Course: Analysis and Models in Neurophysiology
October 10-15, 2010 / Freiburg, Germany
Oct 10, 2010 08:00 AM
Oct 15, 2010 06:00 PM
|Where||Bernstein Center Freiburg|
|Add event to calendar||
Analysis and Models in Neurophysiology
Application deadline: June 30, 2010
Course participants in October 2010
Aim of the course
The course is intended to provide advanced Diploma/Masters and PhD students, as well as young researchers from the neurosciences with approaches for the analysis of electrophysiological data and the theoretical concepts behind them.
The course includes various topics such as
- Neuron models and spike train statistics
- Point processes and correlation measures
- Systems and signals
- Local field potentials and synaptic plasticity
The course will consist of lectures in the morning and and matching exercises using Matlab and Mathematica.
Experience with these software packages will be helpful but is not required for registration. The participants should have a basic understanding of scientific programming.
This course is designated especially for advanced diploma/master-students and PhD-students (preferentially in their first year).
Organisation and teaching
- Dr. Stefan Rotter, Bernstein Center Freiburg, University of Freiburg, email@example.com
- Dr. Sonja Gruen, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Ulrich Egert, Biomicrotechnology, Department of Microsystems Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Freiburg, email@example.com
- Dr. Ad Aertsen, Neurobiology & Biophysics, Faculty of Biology, University of Freiburg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Janina Kirsch, Bernstein Center Freiburg, Germany
Tel: +49 761 203 9575, Fax: +49 761 203 9559
Please apply by sending an email containing your CV and a letter of motivation to email@example.com.
The course is limited to 20 participants.
- application deadline: June 30, 2010
Bernstein Center Freiburg, Computerlab (ground floor), Hansastr. 9a, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
- Gruen-Lab at RIKEN
- University of Freiburg
- Hotel information City of Freiburg
- Orientation and Maps - University of Freiburg